Thursday, December 16, 2010

Error? Apologize

Thursday, December 16, 2010

(I'm new at this Plain Text stuff, and if this all runs together again
I'll try to improve next time, so please bear with me!)

Today's Heading: Error? Apologize
Subheading: then Keep on Chuggin'
SPEED THINKING, whether an art or a curse, was responsible for the
embarrassing mistake Wednesday, 12-15-10 in this newly established blog
that my wife pointed out this morning when after the fact I asked her to
read the handiwork I had sent the evening before into cyberspace and onto
"Ray On the Beam." She had just begun reading. Then I hear, "C.A. Powell
was your 'MA-ternal' grandfather, not your 'PA-ternal' grandfather."
Oh, crap. How do I explain this one?
I KNOW that C.A. Powell was my maternal grandfather. He was my mother's
father. But…(here's the part about Speed Thinking)… I was thinking
speedily ahead to the next paragraph where I talk about my father's side
of the family and, unlike Hercule Poirot, my little gray cells just can't
handle that kind of overload. She (my Viennese wife) has a simple
explanation for those sorts of things – she calls it my "lange Leitung,"
which means the exceptionally long circuit between my brain and anything
that's connected to it.
I accept that, humbly, and ask all the other sharp eyed readers to wink
and forgive me.
Now, to "keep on chuggin'."
When she (wife – her name is Eva) had finished reading that last blog and
I was waiting for her judgment (with some measure of anxiety) I hear,
"Sniff,…hmph…Oh, it's OK I guess." (Short pause.) "But it's a real stretch
to compare the Nez Perce War and Manifest Destiny with Homestead Valley."
The Oracle had spoken. But, as I have already explained, she is from the
big city, and her natural thought process is more like a New Yorker's than
like mine.
My assignment today was to 'buck up old man,' and suit up and show up.
Herewith is my best effort to follow the path out of this mess that my
guiding light has illuminated.
I have made a few notes on subjects to flesh out a bit more in blogs soon
to follow, like, The Emancipated Adult; Abandoned by our Board of
Supervisors? Predatory Investors on the Loose; Why It's Becoming Like
Canal Street in San Rafael Around Here; Move To Where The Sidewalks Are...
And so on.
Best regards and Stay Tuned,
Ray Cook

No comments: